Looking for the best quotes on road trips and long drive quotes for Instagram? You’ve come to the right place. This list of 350 ultimate road trip quotes and catchy quotes for road trips for your next Instagram post have you covered.
Whether you are looking for road trips quotes about friendship, short and sweet road quotes for Instagram, famous road trip quote ideas for your next caption, inspirational quotes on road trip, quotes about road trip with family, or romantic road tripping quotes, you’ll find them here.
Copy and paste any of the ideas below for your next quote about road trip or fun road trip captions, and save yourself some precious time.
Here’s to your next epic road trip!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Sunset Captions for Instagram + Sunset Quotes
Sun Captions for Instagram + Sunshine Quotes
Waterfall Quotes + Captions for Instagram
Nature Instagram Captions + Nature Quotes
Hiking Quotes + Captions for Instagram
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my full disclosure for further information.
Best Road Trip Quotes
Looking for the best road trip quotes? If you are looking for catchy yet thoughtful road travel quotes and quotes about a road trip, you will find them below. You can’t go wrong with any of the quotes below, and your audience will love them. Copy and paste into your next piece of writing or post.
- “The road must eventually lead to the whole world.” – Jack Kerouac
2. “Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.” – Emma Chase
3. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
4. “Life is beautiful if you are on the road to somewhere.” – Orhan Pamuk
5. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I may have ended up where I intended to be.” – Douglas Adams
6. “Now, on this road trip, my mind seemed to uncrinkle, to breathe, to present to itself a cure for a disease it had not, until now, known it had.” – Elizabeth Berg
7. “The road goes on forever and the party never ends.” – Robert Earl Keen
8. “I guess the lesson is you can’t go everywhere. You should still go everywhere you can.” – Charles Finch
9. “The road is there. It will always be there. You just have to decide when to take it.” – Chris Humphrey
Want to take amazing road trip photos? Check out: Best Cameras for Bloggers 2022
10. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by.” – Robert Frost
11. “At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.” – Shanti
12. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” – Lewis Carroll
13. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Chinese Proverb
14. “I’m not lost. I’m exploring.” – Jana Stanfield
15. “It’s not about the destination. It’s getting there that’s the good part.” – Morgan Matson
16. “I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
17. “Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take.” – Angela N. Blount
18. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalía de Castro
Best Road Trip Captions for Instagram
Road trip captions for Instagram should be short, fun and catchy to grab your audience’s attention. Whether it’s relating a road trip to everyday life, or just a happy-go-lucky kind of caption on road trip fun, you’ll find it below. Check out this list of best road quotes for Instagram.
19. It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
20. Hodophile (noun): a lover of roads; one who loves travel.
21. Making memories, one road trip at a time.
22. Life is too short to not go on that spontaneous road trip.
23. There’s no problem so big that a road trip can’t solve.
24. A bend in the road is not the end in the road.
25. I don’t care how long it takes, but I’m going somewhere beautiful.
26. Discovering myself on a road trip.
27. Drifting on the road is my favourite mood.
28. Ultimately, every road leads to the whole world.
29. The road that leads to nowhere for others might just be the road that leads somewhere for you.
30. Got my snacks, got my friends, got my music. Road trip ready.
31. No WiFi out here, but I found a better connection.
32. Endless playlists + coffee – best friends = best road trip ever.
33. All road trips have secret destinations of which the driver is unaware.
34. Joy is portable, bring it with you.
35. There’s this thing about road trips that throws our sense of time out of the window.
36. Communing with the open road. It listens, feels, and understands.
37. I’ve always wanted to see what’s at the end of the road.
38. Turns out, I just needed a day off and a dirt road.
39. There are no wrong turns.
Famous Roadtrip Quotes
Some epic quotations about journeys and road trips can be found in everyday movies, books and music. Writers and famous figures like J.R.R. Tolkien (Lord of the Rings), singers like David Bowie and Red Hot Chili Peppers said it best. Check out this awesome list of road trip movie quotes, and literary road quotes for your next trip.
40. “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
41. “Adventure is out there.” – Up
42. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
43. “Fifty years from now, when you’re looking back at your life, don’t you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?“ – Transformers
44. “Well, we’re not in the middle of nowhere, but we can see it from here.” – Thelma & Louise
45. “Map out your future – but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.” – Jon Bon Jovi
46. “Just grab a friend and take a ride, together upon the open road.” – The Goofy Movie
47. “According to the map, we’ve only gone four inches.” – Dumb & Dumber
48. “I don’t know where I’m going from here but I promise it won’t be boring.” – David Bowie
49. “So remember when we were driving, driving in your car. Speed so fast I felt like I was drunk. City lights lay out before us. And your arm felt nice wrapped ’round my shoulder. And I had a feeling that I belonged. I had a feeling I could be someone.” – Tracy Chapman
50. “No one you have been and no place you have gone ever leaves you. The new parts of you simply jump in the car and go along for the rest of the ride. The success of your journey and your destination all depends on who’s driving.” – Bruce Springsteen
51. “Road trippin’ with my two favorite allies – fully loaded we got snacks and supplies. It’s time to leave this town it’s time to steal away. Let’s go get lost anywhere in the U.S.A.” – Red Hot Chilli Peppers
52. “Get your motor runnin’, Head out on the highway, Lookin’ for adventure…” – Steppenwolf
53. “Not all who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
Short Quotes for Road Trips
The Dalai Lama, Jack Kerouac, Oscar Wilde and many more have great short road trip quotes for your next photo or piece of writing. Check out this list of short road quotes, encouraging roadtrip quote ideas, and even a couple car driving quotes to choose from.
54. “All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road.” – Jack Kerouac
55. “Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret.” – Oscar Wilde
56. “And just like that, we’re on our way to everywhere.” – Emery Lord
57. “A good traveller has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
58. “My favourite thing is to go where I’ve never been.” – Diane Arbus
59. “Roads were made for journeys, not destinations.” – Confucius
60. “If you’re not lost, you’re not much of an explorer.” – John Perry Barlow
61. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen Covey
62. “There’s nowhere to go but everywhere…” – Jack Kerouac
63. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
64. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
65. “There is nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.” – Jack Kerouac
66. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
67. “If we wait until we are ready, we will be waiting for the rest of our life!” – Lemony Snicket
68. “Look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else.” – Tom Stoppard
69. “Look at life through the windshield, not the rearview mirror.” – Byrd Baggett
70. “Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before.” – Dalai Lama
71. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
72. “Roads are a record of those who have gone before.” ― Rebecca Solnit
73. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” – Buddha
74. “Never underestimate the power of driving and listening to very loud music.” – Unknown
75. “If you’re on a road trip, you need driving music.” – Edgar Wright
Short + Fun Road Trip Captions for Instagram
Looking for something light, fun and memorable for your next caption for road trip? These lighthearted and spunky yet funny road trip captions for Instagram are perfect for your next post. Check out this list of long drive caption ideas.
76. Road trip hair, don’t care.
77. Are we there yet?
78. On a road trip, be back never.
79. Always take the scenic route.
80. Take the long way home.
81. Life is a highway.
82. Let’s go on a roadtrip.
83. Today feels like a good day for a road trip.
84. Embracing my inner road tripper.
85. All I want for Christmas is a road trip.
86. On a road trip to everywhere.
87. Always say yes to a road trip.
88. Feeling those road trip vibes.
89. Feeling like a road trip day!
90. On the road again!
91. Start the car!
92. Hit the road!
94. To travel is to live.
95. Adventure awaits.
96. Better to travel than to arrive.
97. Come along and take a ride.
98. Vacation mood: ON
99. Life is short and the world is wide.
100. Collect moments not things.
101. Drive it like you stole it!
102. Windows down, music up.
103. Racing with the wind.
Long Drive Quotes
There’s nothing more liberating than a long drive on the road to nowhere. Quotes about long drive trips can be related back to life. So, if you are planning to spend an undetermined amount of time on the road, check out this list of a meaningful life on the road quotes, night long drive quotes, and quotes for long drive enthusiasts.
104. “People frequently lose themselves in open roads. After all, open roads are venturesome pathways that beckon unceasingly.” – Unknown
105. “There’s something about open roads that bellows freedom. They are beguiling, fortuitous and absolutely liberating.” – Unknown
106. “Every time I go on extended road trips, I get emotionally attached to the cars ahead of me.” – Unknown
107. “There is something about the momentum of travel that makes you want to just keep moving, to never stop.” – Bill Bryson
108. “I love being on the road. I love that lifestyle, travelling city to city, rocking out and moving on to the next place.” – Caleb Johnson
109. “The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
110. “The world is too big to stay in one place, and life is too short to do just one thing.” – Unknown
111. “We had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
112. “I love road trips. You get into this Zen rhythm; throw the sense of time out the window.” – Miriam Toews
113. “I’m really in the mood for a long drive with no real destination.” – Unknown
114. “Driving at night is about communicating with lights.” – Lukhman Pambra
115. “Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” – Jack Kerouac
116. “Take care of your car in the garage, and the car will take care of you on the road.” – Amit Kalantri
117. “God made the world round so we would never be able to see too far down the road.” – Isak Dinesen
118. “It’s in those quiet little towns, at the edge of the world, that you will find the salt of the earth people who make you feel right at home.” – Aaron Lauritsen
Open Road + Long Drive Caption Ideas for Instagram
If you are looking for a short caption for road trip or caption for car ride, you will find it below. These long road quotes are best for images about the open road or describing a long journey. Check out this list of long car ride captions for Instagram.
119. An open road is the most exciting part of a road trip.
120. Road trips aren’t measured by mile markers, but by moments.
121. Sometimes the best therapy is a long drive and good music.
122. Really in the mood for a long drive with no destination.
123. I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.
124. The only trip I want to take is one on the open road.
125. Me, you, the radio and the highway. Let’s go.
126. Just want to feel the wind on my face as I drive down the open highway.
127. Sometimes, a girl just needs wide-open spaces.
128. Little by little, one travels afar.
129. Singing at the top of my lungs on the open road.
130. Lost count of the mile markers. We’re free.
131. Marvelous destinations usually come after the longest of road trips.
132. Some pathways are only open to adventurous people who are prepared to get lost.
Funny Quotes about Road Trips
What better way to capture your audience than to throw funny quotes about driving at them. They are bound to laugh, or at least smile with any of these funny quotes about road trips or charming road trip quotes funny style!
133. “Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometers.” – George Carlin
134. “It doesn’t matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9 year old was given $100.” – Unknown
135. “I wonder why it is that when I plan a route too carefully, it goes to pieces, whereas if I blunder along in blissful ignorance aimed in a fancied direction I get through with no trouble.” – John Steinbeck
136. “Road trips required a couple of things: a well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar and an excellent selection of tunes—oh, and directions.” – Jenn McKinlay
137. “A tourist is a fellow who drives thousands of miles so he can be photographed standing in front of his car.” – Emile Ganest
138. “We all have that one friend who is either on a roadtrip or planning a roadtrip or thinking about a road-trip or talking to people who are on a roadtrip or posting quotes about a roadtrip.” – Crestless Wave
139. “The American tendency in travel; one goes not so much to see, but to tell of it afterward.” – John Steinbeck
140. “That’s why I love road trips, dude. It’s like doing something without actually doing anything.” – John Green
141. “I just go with the flow, I follow the yellow brick road. I don’t know where it’s going to lead me, but I follow it.” – Grace Jones
142. “What it takes to realize everything is fine around you? A road trip to the mountains where your soul dwells in the echoes of the winds that carry fragments of clouds with them. What it takes to realize world is going back to chaos and infinite hurry? End of the aforementioned road trip.” – Crestless Wave
143. “Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn’t block traffic.” – Dan Rather
144. “Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.” – Jerry Seinfeld
145. “The entire road trip could be summed up as one giant attempt to keep from crashing the car during fits of rage and fits of hysteria.” – Kari Martindale
146. “My therapist and I even have a joke about it: shit is truly fucked up when I start threatening to take a road trip.” – Chris Gethard
Funny Road trip Captions for Instagram
These funny road trip captions for Instagram are a bit ridiculous, a bit smirk-worthy, but are great for lightening up your audience’s day. Check out this list of funny road trip captions, grin-inducing Instagram captions for road trips and all together noteworthy road trip captions funny style!
147. Is it really a road trip without fast food and good tunes?
148. Sometimes the best therapy is a road trip.
149. Road trip, won’t quit.
150. Driving isn’t dangerous. Crashing is!
151. Is there anything better in life than buying snacks for a road trip?
152. People having babies and getting married…and I’m like: where am I road tripping next?
153. I get emotionally attached to the cars ahead of me on long road trips.
154. The best part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination … it’s the fast food along the way.
155. Adventure is just bad planning.
156. Is it a real road trip if you don’t make at least one bad decision?
157. I just came across a fork on the road, and I took it. If it was a spoon, I would have taken it, too.
158. Hit nothing but the road.
159. Take only memories, leave only skid marks.
160. If a police car isn’t after you, you’re not doing it right.
161. Gone in sixty seconds, and be back never!
162. A travel addict on the road to recovery. Ironic, isn’t it?
Road Tripping Quotes + Puns
You can’t go wrong with a few charming road trip puns. Make your audience think (and hopefully chuckle) with these silly road trip quotes and quotes road trip style! Simply copy and paste one. of these pun-ny quotes on road trips into your next Instagram post about life on the road.
163. We’re going on an ad-van-ture!
164. Been driving a day. I need a brake!
165. Texting while driving? Oh, cell no!
166. Having a wheel nice time!
167. Loving this road trip, but all this driving is tire-ing!
168. Math is dangerous, so don’t drink and derive!
169. The pilot thickens.
170. Blonde the road again.
171. Get Miata here!
172. Having a ferry good time!
173. Yukon have a great time on the open road.
Road Trips Quotes with Friends
What better way to enjoy an epic road trip, than with a friend or two! Road trip quotes with friends and Instagram caption for road trip with friends should be fun and inspirational. Check out this list of ultimate road trip with friends quotes, memorable quotes road trips with friends and loved ones and a few adventurous road trip captions with friends.
174. “No road is long with good company.” – Turkish Proverb
175. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton
176. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
177. “Life is meant for good friends and great adventures.” – Unknown
178. “Sometimes all you need is a good friend and a full tank of gas.” – Unknown
179. “It doesn’t matter where you’re going, it’s who you have beside you.” – Unknown
180. “Some roads aren’t meant to be travelled alone.” – Chinese Proverb
181. “You can pack for every occasion, but a good friend will always be the best thing you could bring.” – Unknown
182. “I want to go on a road trip. Just you and me. The highway, the radio, the blue sky, the back roads, and windows down. We’ll talk about everything and nothing. We’ll sing our hearts out, and we’ll make memories we’ll never forget. Just you and me.” – Unknown
183. “Happiness [is] only real when shared.” – Jon Krakauer
184. “I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.” – Walt Whitman
Inspirational Quotes on Road Trip
Road trips can be very inspirational. This list of quotes on road trips encourages you or your audience to take the wheel and drive somewhere new! Copy and paste one of the quotes on journeys and road quotes below for your next piece of writing.
185. “I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” – Eric Roth
186. “Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road, Healthy, free, the world before me, The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose.” – Walt Whitman
187. “There are no mistakes. Only new paths to explore.” – Gregory David Roberts
188. “The freedom of the open road is seductive, serendipitous and absolutely liberating.” – Aaron Lauritsen
189. “We’re almost there, but nowhere near it. All that matters is that we’re going.” – Gilmore Girls
190. “Lose your path. Find your way.” – Natalia Jaster
191. “Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.” – Unknown
192. “The road is there, it will always be there. You just have to decide when to take it.” – Chris Humphrey
193. “Look for chances to take the less-traveled roads. There are no wrong turns.” – Susan Magsamen
194. “You don’t choose the day you enter the world and you don’t choose the day you leave. It’s what you do in between that makes all the difference.” – Anna Spetimus
195. “Wherever you get to is better than where you started. To stay on the road is a massive achievement.” – Anthony Joshua
196. “When all’s said and done, all roads lead to the same end. So it’s not so much which road you take, as how you take it.” – Charles de Lint
197. “The possibility of anything happening amplified the feeling of freedom, not knowing what might happen next.” – Joey Gnarly
198. “Be brave. Be wild, and stay forever hungry for love, art, knowledge and adventure.” – Erin Van Vuren
199. “Don’t Count The Days. Make The Days Count.” – Muhammad Ali
Meaningful Quote about Road Trip
These road trip sayings are meaningful and relate to life and everyone’s journey. This list of significant road trip phrases and quotes from on the road will make your audience think and consider taking their next road trip sooner rather than later. Check out this list of thoughtful quotes on road trips.
200. “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
201. “Still, round the corner, there may wait, a new road or a secret gate.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
202. “Road trips are the equivalent of human wings. Ask me to go on one, anywhere. We’ll stop in every small town and learn the history and stories, feel the ground and capture the spirit. Then we’ll turn it into our own story that will live inside our history to carry with us, always. Because stories are more important than things.” – Victoria Erickson
203. “If you make the mistake of looking back too much, you aren’t focused enough on the road in front of you.” – Brad Paisley
204. “If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there.” – George Harrison
205. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
206. “One’s destination is never a place, but rather a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
207. “Sometimes, it’s only in walking the path that we discover why we are walking at all.” – Richard Paul Evans
208. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
209. “Until you step into the unknown, you don’t know what you’re made of.” – Roy T. Bennett
210. “Don’t dwell on your past – it’s not where you’re going” – KayLynn Flander
211. “It might not make sense for you today, tomorrow, or even in a year. But one day, this will be one of your fondest memory.” – Unknown
212. “Exits aren’t just exits. They are entryways to all the other places.” – Unknown
Romantic Quotes about Road Trips
Music on, hand in hand, here’s to your next romantic road trip! This list of driving love quotes, road trip quotes with love – rs, and road trip love quotes will have you and your partner in the car and on your way to somewhere new in no time! Copy and paste any of these love road trip quotes to your next post.
213. I can speak to my soul only when the two of us are off exploring deserts or cities or mountains or roads.” – Paulo Coelho
214. “Happiness is… planning a road trip to somewhere new, with someone you love.” – Unknown
215. “You make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise.” — Florida Georgia Line
216. “What we find in a soul mate is not something wild to tame, but something wild to run with.” – Robert Brault
217. “I want to go on a road trip. Just you and me. The highway, the radio, the blue sky, the back roads, and windows down. We’ll talk about everything and nothing. We’ll sing our hearts out, and we’ll make memories we’ll never forget. Just you and me.” – Unknown
218. “I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.” – Walt Whitman
219. “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” – Leigh Hunt
220. “It doesn’t matter where you’re going, it’s who you have beside you.” – Unknown
221. “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” – Trenton Lee Stewart
222. “Follow my heart and it made me follow the road.” – Unknown
Long Adventure Quotes on Road Trips
These longer adventure road trip quotes speak about taking your next adventure and adventures on the road! Whether you need off road quotes, meaningful car trip quotes about adventure or short and simple quotes on road trips, you will find them below. Copy and paste for your convenience!
223. “On the road again, Goin’ places that I’ve never been, Seein’ things that I may never see again, And I can’t wait to get on the road again.” – Willie Nelson
224. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote, To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
225. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
226. “An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
227. “I’m on the road constantly. I’m a nomad. I don’t really have a home right now. I don’t identify with one place in particular.” – Daya
228. “A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.” – Wilfred Peterson
229. “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure. You have no idea of what is in store for you, but you will, if you are wise and know the art of travel, let yourself go on the stream of the unknown.” – Freya Stark
230. “This is how you have adventures. You find cool things and you do them … you don’t just read books about them!” – Jonathan King
231. “An open mind and a willing heart are the beginning of many a great adventure. Let’s get started.” – Colleen Houck
Short Adventure Quotes on Road Trips for Instagram
Short and sweet wins the game! These adventure road trip quotes are fun and catchy for your next Instagram post. These epic car trip quotes can apply to gritty off road quotes or simple town to town adventures!
232. “Nothing adventured, nothing attained.” – Peter McWilliams
233. “Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn
234. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
235. “Adventures don’t always require a plane ticket.” – Dylan Thuras
236. “If you come to a fork in the road, take it.” – Yogi Berra
237. “The road less traveled is the road to adventure.” – Unknown
238. “Adventure, without it, why live?” – Hortense Odlum
239. “Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure.” – Bob Bitchin
240. “An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.” – G. K. Chesterton
241. “Adventure is a need.” – Toba Beta
242. “When in doubt – choose adventure!” – Thor F. Jensen
243. “Every epic adventure starts with a bad idea.” – Unknown
244. “Misadventure is still adventure.” – Unknown
245. “Some of the most beautiful encounters, Are the unexpected ones.” – Mimi Novic
246. “Where will my heart lead if I’ve yet to wander so many unknown paths?” – Paulo Coelho
247. “Each new day is an invitation to an adventure of your own making.” – Steven Redhead
248. “It’s a road trip! It’s about adventure!… It’s not like we have somewhere to go.” – John Green
249. “Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
250. “No, no! The adventures first, explanations take such a dreadful time.” – Lewis Carroll
Quotes on Road Trips + Travel
Travelling on the open road is one of the best feelings in the world. These quotes about roads and journeys, quotes about road trip adventures, and epic long drive quotes will help express this intangible feeling. Check out these roadtrip quotes about travel below.
251. Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
252. Travel with curiosity.
253. Wanderlust and highway dust.
254. “You can be writing every day. When you go on a road trip, the trip itself becomes part of the story.” ― Steve Rushin
255. “Travel sparks our imagination, feeds our curiosity, and reminds us how much we all have in common.” – Deborah Lloyd
256. “There’s only one place I want to go and it’s to all the places I’ve never been.” – Nikki Rowe
257. “So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don’t be sorry.” – Jack Kerouac
258. “The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something – a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.” – Paul Theroux
259. “You know more of a road by having travelled it than by all the conjectures and descriptions in the world.” – William Hazlitt
260. “Please understand, I have been waiting to leave ever since I figured out that there were roads willing to take me anywhere I wanted to go.” – Unknown
261. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
262. “What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do – especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” – William Least Heat Moon
263. “Part of us believes the new car is better because it lasts longer; but, in fact, that’s the worst thing about the new car. It will stay around to disappoint you, whereas a trip to Europe is over. It evaporates. It has the good sense to go away, and you are left with nothing but a wonderful memory.” – Daniel Gilbert
264. “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” – Leigh Hunt
265. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
266. “The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
267. “Many times, it is rewarding to take the road less travelled. It is, after all, less travelled for a reason.” – Unknown
Road Trip Captions about Life
Life can often be described as one long road trip. Quotes on road trip chronicles, quotes about roads and journeys of life, and road quotes about life can all be found below. Copy and paste any of these road life quotes for your next Instagram post.
268. Cruising down the highway of life.
269. Living like every day is a road trip.
270. Roaming the roads of lands remote.
271. Your life, your ride.
272. Life is like a road trip. Enjoy every day and don’t carry too much luggage.
273. Road tripper for life.
274. Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret.
275. Take vacations, and go as many places as you can. You can always make money, but you can’t always make memories.
276. Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.
277. A bad attitude is akin to a flat tire. Unless you change it, there’s no way you’re going anywhere.
Road Trip Quotes about Life
These quotes about life below can be applied to any road trip or journey. Below you will find a list of the ultimate quote about road trip and life ideas, thoughtful quotes for road trips, and meaningful road tripping quotes. Check out these road of life quotes!
278. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
279. “It’s your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you but no one can walk it for you.” – Rumi
280. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
281. “There is strange comfort in knowing that no matter what happens today, the sun will rise again tomorrow.” – Aaron Lauritsen
282. “At the end of the day, I understand that life has roadblocks, and life is like school – you’ll be tested; we gotta pass it.” – DJ Khaled
283. “Because he had no place he could stay in without getting tired of it and because there was nowhere to go but everywhere, keep rolling under the stars.” – Jack Kerouac
284. “We were born to be free, to expand our horizons by going where we have never gone before, and not to hang out in the relative comfort and safety of the nest, the known. There is a place within us that is courageous beyond our human understanding; it yearns to explore beyond the boundaries of our daily life.” – Dennis Merritt Jones
285. “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” — Howard Thurman
286. “Even blind alleys lead somewhere.” – Marty Rubin
287. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colours. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” – Terry Pratchett
288. “I love being on the road. I love that lifestyle, travelling city to city, rocking out, and moving on to the next place.” – Caleb Johnson
289. “Life is fleeting, and so is time. Take that spontaneous road trip while you still can.” – Unknown
290. “You are the driver of your own life. Roads will always be there. It’s all just a matter of when you’re going to take them.” – Unknown
Captions + Quotes about Road Trips and Happiness
Whether you are looking for an Instagram caption or a simple road trip quote, you will find them below. These quotes on road trips explain the connection between human happiness and taking an epic trip or journey. Copy and paste any of these roadtrip quotes below to save some time!
291. Happiness is planning a road trip to somewhere new.
292. Road trips and sunsets are the ingredients of happiness.
293. Joy is portable, bring it with you.
294. Happiness is a road trip with a good playlist.
295. Life is like a road trip. Enjoy every day and don’t carry too much luggage.
296. “Find what brings you joy and go there!” – Jan Phillips
297. “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
298. “Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.” – Leo Tolstoy
299. “Happiness [is] only real when shared.” – Jon Krakauer
300. “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.” – Og Mandino
301. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Babs Hoffman
302. “Handling your own on the road can be easy if you have a believable grin and common sense.” – Unknown
Quotes About Roads and Journeys
Whether you are looking for simple quotes about road trips, or meaningful quotes about roads in life, you can find them here. These heart-warming quotes about roads and journeys have you covered for your next piece of writing or epic photo. Copy and paste one of these road of life quotes!
303. “The journey is the destination.” – Dan Eldon
304. “Roads were made for journeys, not destinations.” – Confucius
305. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Chinese Proverb
306. “Everyone wants to know what the journey was like. But how can I explain the power, the rush of being alive, of feeling connected to everything, of simply “being”?” – Juliana Buhring
307. “Real adventure is defined best as a journey from which you may not come back alive, and certainly not as the same person.” – Yvon Chouinard
308. “The journey is part of the experience – an expression of the seriousness of one’s intent. One doesn’t take the A train to Mecca.” – Anthony Bourdain
309. “The pleasure we derive from journeys is perhaps dependent more on the mindset with which we travel than on the destination we travel to.” – Alain de Botton
310. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
311. “A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.” – John Steinbeck
312. “Every journey is simultaneously a beginning and an ending: I was leaving my old life behind and starting on a road trip to find a new me.” – Debi Tolbert Duggar
313. “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” – John Steinbeck
314. “No one you have been and no place you have gone ever leaves you. The new parts of you simply jump in the car and go along for the rest of the ride. The success of your journey and your destination all depends on who’s driving.” – Bruce Springsteen
315. “I climb behind the steering wheel… I drive off immediately without once looking back; it’s a long journey but it leads to freedom.” – Corinne Hofmann
Family Road Trip Quotes
Sometimes you can’t pick your family, but you can definitely take them on an epic adventure! These heart-warming quotes about family road trips, funny road trip with family quotes are perfect for your next family vacation. Check out these quotes about the road with your family below.
316. “In 1903 the Wright brothers invented airplanes, because in 1902 they took a road trip across the country with their family.” – Bill Engvall
317. “A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together and annoy each other in interesting new places.” – Tom Lichtenheld
318. “Some roads aren’t meant to be travelled alone.” – Chinese Proverb
319. “Happiness [is] only real when shared.” – Jon Krakauer
320. “My favorite childhood memory is my parents paying for my holidays.” – Unknown
321. “There are two kinds of travel: first class and with children.” – Robert Benchley
322. “Happiness is planning a trip to somewhere new, with someone you love.” – Unknown
Quotes about Road Trip Challenges
Sometimes, you hit a few potholes, but in the end, it teaches you a lesson or leads you to a great memory. These long road trip quotes, unplanned road trip quotes and quotes with road in them attempt to express how funny or inspiring hitting a pothole or two can be.
323. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Babs Hoffman
324. “The road is hard, and you have to get accustomed to it.” – Unknown
325. “Hard roads require a will of steel.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
326. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
327. “It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.” – Unknown
328. “Unintended detours have been known to take people to the most scenic roads in life.” – Unknown
329. “An adventure is never an adventure when it happens. An adventure is simply physical and emotional discomfort recollected in tranquillity.” – Tim Cahill
330. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
331. “The greater the complication, the richer the tale.” – Thor F. Jensen
332. “You may not find a path, but you will find a way.” – Tom Wolfe
333. “Nobody travels on the road to success without a puncture or two.” – Unknown
334. “The struggles we endure today will be the ‘good old days’ we laugh about tomorrow.” – Aaron Lauritsen
335. “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!” – Bob Marley
336. “My life is full of mistakes. They’re like pebbles that make a good road.” – Unknown
337. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” – Unknown
338. “All great adventures have moments that are really crap.” – Ellen Potter
339. “The struggles we endure today will be the ‘good old days’ we laugh about tomorrow.” – Aaron Lauritsen
340. “It is usually the rough roads that lead to the peak of greatness.” – Unknown
More Road Trip Quote Ideas
My goodness, if this exhaustive list of car ride quotes and driving quotes hasn’t satisfied you, then here are a few more. If you need on the road quotes, epic journey quotes or a simple Instagram caption, you can find it here.
341. “Never underestimate the therapeutic power of driving and listening to very loud music.” – Unknown
342. “It is not down on any map. True places never are.” – Unknown
343. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Unknown
344. “Never let your memories be greater than your dreams.” – Unknown
345. “The road is a great listener.” – Unknown
346. “If you’re planning to take the risk, do it now.” – Unknown
347. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
348. “My life is the road, man. I need to keep moving.” – Unknown
349. “The open road is a beckoning, a strangeness, a place where a man can lose himself.” – William Least Heat Moon
350. “A passenger on a road journey is in the hands of a driver; a reader embarking on a book is in the hands of a narrator.” – Romesh Gunesekera
BONUS. “The world is too big to stay in one place, and life is too short to do just one thing.” – Unknown
BONUS. “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” – Aristotle
BONUS. “The world is round for a reason. It’s so that we would never be able to see too far down the road.” – Unknown
Final Thoughts on Quotes on Road Trips + Long Drive Quotes
So, there you have it, the ultimate list of 350 quotes on road trips and long drive quotes. Whether you are looking for epic highway quotes, funny long road trip quotes, or inspirational and meaningful quotes about the road of life, I hope you were able to find them here.
Happy road trippin’!