Looking for catchy Hiking Captions for Instagram or possibly a few funny hiking quotes? You’ve come to the right place. This ultimate list of 400 best hiking Instagram captions and hike quotes have you covered.
Whether you need inspirational Insta captions for hiking, quotes about hiking in nature, adventure and trekking captions for Instagram, simple short quotes about trekking or epic mountain Instagram captions, you can find them here.
Here’s to your next great hike!
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my full disclosure for further information.
Best Hiking Captions for Instagram
Here are the best and brightest hiking captions for Instagram. Short, sweet and catchy is the name of the game if you want the ultimate hiking Instagram captions. Save time and copy and paste from this list of captions for hiking:
- It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
2. Hiking is the answer. Who cares what the question is.
3. Do more things that make you forget to check your phone.
4. Think outside. No box required.
5. The best view comes after the hardest climb.
6. Only one who wanders finds a new path.
7. All good things are wild and free.
8. We have nothing to lose and a world to see.
9. I’d rather be hiking in the rain, than sitting inside at a desk on a sunny day.
10. Let’s wander where the wifi is weak.
11. Hike more, worry less.
12. The best views come after the hardest climb.
13. Wonder. Wander. Repeat.
14. Too much fresh air is not a thing.
15. Hiking is my therapy.
16. The view is always worth the climb.
17. The only way is forward.
18. Live your life by a compass, not a clock.
19. Life’s a climb but the view is great.
Want to take the best sunshine photos? Check out: Best Cameras for Bloggers 2022
Short Hiking Quotes for Instagram
Here is a comprehensive list of catchy hiking quotes short style! Let these famous writers and visionaries give the perfect works for your next quotes about hiking. Take one of these hiking quotes for your next memorable Instagram caption about hiking:
20. “Leave the road, take the trails.” – Pythagoras
21. “And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.“ -John Muir
22. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
23. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Si’ahl
24. “A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
25. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
26. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
27. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
28. “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” – Ed Viesturs
29. “Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.” – Sir Martin Conway
30. “Remember to look up to the stars, not down to your feet.” – Stephen Hawking
31. “Cover the earth before it covers you.” – Dagobert D. Runes
32. “The world reveals itself to those who travel on foot.” – Werner Herzog
33. “Between every two pines there is a doorway to a new world.” – John Muir
34. “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than trees.” – Henry David Thoreau
35. “In all things of nature, there is something of the marvellous.“ – Aristotle
36. “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” – John Muir
37. “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” – Gary Snyder
38. “I found far more answers in the woods than I ever did in the city.” – Mary Davis
39. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it’s lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
40. “In every walk with nature one received far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
41. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
42. “Everything worthwhile is uphill. Everything.” – John Maxwell
43. “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
Best Hiking Quotes for Instagram
If you need something a bit longer and more captivating, you can choose one of these hiking quotes for Instagram. Famous people such as Robert Frost, T.S. Eliot and Austin Peck write about hiking in such a beautiful way, they are perfect for any nature walks quotes, or famous tidbit for your next hiking quotes for Instagram:
44. “For hiking is one of those things that you can only do when you have the determination in you.” – Unknown
45. “I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost
46. “It’s easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top.” – Henry Ward Beecher
47. “The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.” – Robert Frost
48. “Returning home is the most difficult part of long-distance hiking. You have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits.” – Cindy Ross
49. “Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.” – Henry David Thoreau
50. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
51. “For those who climb, the answer is both obvious and impossible to explain — the everyday concerns of livelihood, of social standing, overdue bills, and futureless romance all fall away before the vast and overwhelming absolute of the mountain.” – Paul Watkins
52. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
53. “We don’t stop hiking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop hiking.” – Unknown
54. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” – John Burroughs
55. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
56. “Hiking is not escapism; it’s realism. The people who choose to spend time outdoors are not running away from anything; we are returning to where we belong.” – Jennifer Pharr Davis
57. “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” – Frank A. Clark
58. “The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast, and you miss all you are travelling for.” – Louis L’Amour
59. “Every now and then it’s good to stop climbing and appreciate the view from right where you are.” – Lori Deschene
60. “Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.” – Eddie Cantor
61. “To travel, to experience and learn: that is to live.”- Tenzing Norgay
62. “Just put one foot in front of the other.” — Austin Peck
Funny Hiking Quotes for Instagram
You can’t go wrong with any funny hiking quotes. What better way to make your audience laugh then to toss them hiking quotes funny style! Hiking quotes Instagram will love are catchy and pun-ny. Check out this list of funny hiking quotes for Instagram:
63. “What on earth would I do if four bears came into my camp? Why, I would die of course. Literally shit myself lifeless.” – Bill Bryson
64. “Hiking and happiness go hand in hand or foot in boot.” – Diane Spicer
65. “There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.” – Sir Rannulph Fiennes
66. “Never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost, and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.” – Ellen Degeneres
67. “I have two doctors, my left leg and my right.” – G.M. Trevelyan
68. “Some women want diamonds… others just want a hammock, a campfire and some peace & quiet.” – Unknown
69. “Hiking is not for everyone. Notice the wilderness is mostly empty.” – Sonja Yoerg
70. “Hiking is just walking where it’s okay to pee.” – Demetri Martin
71. “Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice… some girls are made of adventure and wine and all things fine.” – Unknown
72. “If the winter is too cold and the summer is too hot, you are not a hiker.” – Unknown
73. “Feeling low? Go on mountains.” – Prajakta Mhadnak
74. “One thing to remember on the Eiger, never look up, or you may need a plastic surgeon.” – Unknown
Funny Hiking Captions for Instagram
Looking for a list of funny hiking captions for IG? Here are some great pun-ny hiking captions funny style! They are catchy and will make your audience giggle, or at least smile. Check out this list of funny hiking captions:
75. I have a therapist. Her name is nature.
76. I know I hike like a girl, try to keep up.
77. Hiking is cheaper than therapy.
78. I don’t get it. the trail looked so flat on the map.
79. DEET is nature’s cologne.
80. Bring a compass. It’s awkward when you have to eat your friends.
81. The foot that is restless will tread on a turd.
82. Sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.
83. Always hike with someone in worse shape than you. The bears out there will know.
84. Here is a photo of me and my therapist.
85. I might look like I am listening to you, but in my mind, I am hiking.
86. I hike to burn off the crazy.
87. Hiking side effects include sweating, euphoria and general awesomeness.
88. The closer you are to nature the further you are from idiots.
Hiking Pun Captions for Instagram
The ultimate list of hiking pun captions! The best hiking quotes and captions for Instagram are a bit humorous and memorable and even shareable. Copy and paste one of these funny hiking captions for Instagram in your next post:
89. Netflix and chill? More like Trailmix and Hill.
90. You need a change of altitude!
91. This hike rocked.
92. This hike was climb and punishment.
93. It’s a hill. Get over it.
94. Hey, did you hear the joke about the hill? I couldn’t get over it!
95. To summit all up…we had a great time.
96. The hill looked hard at first, but I got over it.
97. Mountains aren’t just funny. They’re hill-areas.
98. You trek a lot. Don’t you Everest?
99. This is my kind of streaming.
100. Plateaus are the highest form of flattery.
101. I’m all a-boot hiking.
102. May the forest be with you.
103. On a tree-mendous hike with you.
104. Gorge-ous views as far as the eye canyon see.
105. What did you say? I lost my terrain of thought!
106. Hiking can be a pine in the ass, but I love it.
107. Hiking really Alps clear my mind.
108. I love camping — it’s in-tents.
109. Sticking to the backcountry rivers, because they’re less mainstream.
Motivational Insta Captions for Hiking
Sometimes, motivational Insta captions for hiking are what you need. Inspiring your audience can be an important part of gaining their trust. This list of inspirational hiking captions Instagram will love, are catchy and notable. Copy and past these caption for hiking ideas to motivate and inspire your peeps!
110. Stop following others and create your own path in life.
111. When everything feels like an uphill struggle, think about the view from the top.
112. You can’t climb up a mountain with downhill thoughts.
113. When you’re tired, focus on the sights.
114. No matter how rough it gets, just keep on moving.
115. Keep going! Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.
116. I’d rather be hiking in the rain than sitting inside at a desk on a sunny day.
117. It’s not a competition to reach the top, it’s a promise you make with yourself.
118. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
119. “The more you know, the less you need.” – Yvon Chouinard
120. “Fall down seven times and stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
121. “They are able who think they are able.” – Virgil
122. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
123. “If you are on the right path, it will always be uphill.” – Henry B. Eyring
Motivational Hike Quotes for Instagram
Famous people like Jack Kerouac and Nelson Mandela have a way of uplifting and motivating their audience. Use their words in your next inspirational hiking quotes and make your hike quotes a success! Check out this list of hiking quotes inspirational style.
124. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
125. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in an office or mowing the lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
126. “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert
127. “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” – Edmund Hillary
128. “We must get beyond textbooks, go out into bypaths and untrodden depths of the wilderness of truth and explore and tell the world of our glorious journey” – John Hope
129. “On a hike, the days pass with the wind, the sun, the stars; movement is powered by a belly full of food and water, not a noxious tankful of fossil fuels. On a hike, you’re less a job title and more a human being. A periodic hike not only stretches the limbs but also reminds us: Wow, there’s a big old world out there.” – Ken Ilgunas
130. “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
131. “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.”– Edmund Hillary
132. “Hiking is a bit like life: The journey only requires you to put one foot in front of the other…again and again and again. And if you allow yourself the opportunity to be present throughout the entirety of the trek, you will witness beauty every step of the way, not just at the summit.” – Unknown
Friends Instagram Captions + Quotes about Hiking
A hike can be made even better with company! These hiking with friends caption ideas and trekking with friends quotes are bought to inspire your audience to invite their buddies along on their next hike. Check out this list of thoughtful hiking with friends captions for Instagram and quotes about hiking with your friends.
133. Happiness is hiking with friends.
134. It’s not how many miles you walk, it’s how many smiles you share.
135. Friends that travel together, stay together.
136. Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.
137. Let’s find some beautiful place to get lost together.
138. Happiness is hiking with friends.
139. Life was meant for good friends & great adventures.
140. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton
141. “There is a whole world out there. Pack your backpack, your best friend, and go.” – Unknown
142. “A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
143. “Sometimes, all you need is a great friend and a thirst for adventure.” – Unknown
144. “A journey well shared is a journey well enjoyed.” – Unknown
145. “A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.” – Unknown
146. “We are all travellers in the wilderness of the world and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Spiritual Hiking Instagram Caption Ideas + Hiking Quotes
Hiking in nature can be such a spiritual experience. These spiritual hiking Instagram caption ideas seek to encompass that feeling. These captions about hiking are thought-provoking and make you think. Copy and paste these nature hike Instagram caption suggestions into your next post.
147. “The earth has music for those who listen.” – William Shakespeare
148. “Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.” – Greg Child
149. “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” – Frank A. Clark
150. “We don’t stop hiking because we grow old — we grow old because we stop hiking” – Finis Mitchell
151. “You need special shoes for hiking – and a bit of a special soul as well.” – Terri Guillemets
152. “Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity.” – John Muir
153. “The trail leads not merely north and south, but up to the body, mind, and soul of man.” – Harold Allen
154. “The best journeys in life are those that answer questions you never thought to ask.” – Rich Ridgeway
155. “Deep in the forest, I stroll to hear the wisdom of my soul.” – Angie Weiland Crosby
156. “Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” – Rachel Carson
157. “I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth. Then I ask myself the same question.” – Harun Yahya
158. “Go out, go out I beg of you And taste the beauty of the wild. Behold the miracle of the earth with all the wonder of a child.” – Edna Jaques
159. Sky above, earth below, peace within.
160. For the sake of your soul, venture out.
More Spiritual Hiking Captions for Insta + Hiking Quotes
People have a lot of spiritual things to say about hiking in nature. So here are some more spiritual hiking captions for Insta by some pretty famous figures. Spiritual hiking Instagram caption ideas can make your audience think about putting their everyday worries aside. Caption hiking photos with something a bit more thoughtful!
161. “The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.” – Robert Frost
162. “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.” – Edward Abbey
163. “Travelling shouldn’t be just a tour, it should be a tale.” – Amit Kalantri
164. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
165. “Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.” – Walt Whitman
166. “A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.” – Paul Dudley White
167. “Our minds, as well as our bodies, have need of the out-of-doors. Our spirits, too, need simple things, elemental things, the sun and the wind and the rain, moonlight, and starlight, sunrise and mist and mossy forest trails, the perfumes of dawn and the smell of fresh-turned earth and the ancient music of wind among the trees.” – Edwin Way Teale
168. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” – Henry David Thoreau
169. “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out, it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.” – Unknown
170. “If we were meant to stay in one place we’d have roots instead of feet” – Rachel Wolchin
171. “All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
172. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” — Marcel Proust
173. “I have a restless spirit. The need to roam and explore this earth is in my soul.” – Unknown
174. “May your search through nature lead you to yourself.” — Shikoba
Adventure + Hiking Instagram Captions
Hiking and adventure go hand in hand. These adventure trekking quotes and adventurous hiking captions are where it’s at if you are looking to express how hiking can be a beautiful journey. Copy and paste one of these bold hiking Instagram captions into your next epic photo post.
175. The world is ours to explore.
176. Never stop exploring.
177. There is pleasure in the pathless woods.
178. Always say yes to new adventures.
179. Adventure served on the rocks.
180. Stop following others and create your own path in life.
181. A vagrant is everywhere at home.
182. “It is a big beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us.” – Oberyn Martell, Game of Thrones
183. “Traveling shouldn’t be just a tour, it should be a tale.” — Amit Kalantri
184. “The world is big, and I want to get a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Miur
185. “Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
186. “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
187. “Adventure isn’t hanging off a rope on the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life.” — John Amatt
188. “There is always an adventure waiting in the woods.” — Katelyn S. Bolds
Best Trekking Captions for Instagram
Trekking can be a bit more strenuous than everyday hiking. Express this in your next thoughtful trekking captions or short and sweet caption for trekking. These are the best trekking captions for Instagram on the internet (in my humble opinion):
189. Jobs fill your pockets, adventures fill your soul.
190. I don’t need therapy I just need to go trekking.
191. “Embrace the detours.” – Kevin Charbonneau
192. “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.” – Amelia Earhart
193. “There is always an adventure waiting in the woods.” – Katelyn S. Bolds
194. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
195. “The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
196. “Climbing is as close as we can come to flying.” – Margaret Young
Best Quotes about Trekking
Trekking can be such an adventurous experience. Express this through one of these amazing mountaineering trekking quotes, or simple quotes about trekking. Pick one of these thought-provoking nature or mountain trekking quotes (often related to life!) for your next post.
197. “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing views. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” – Edward Abbey
198. “Real adventure is defined best as a journey from which you may not come back alive, and certainly not as the same person.” – Yvon Chouinard
199. “You, who know that all the bruises and scrapes from scrambling and rambling are the best because they remind you of being alive.” – Madison Perrins
200. “Trekking means a travelling experience with a thrilling excitement.” – Amit Kalantri
201. “Hiking is a bit like life: The journey only requires you to put one foot in front of the other…again and again and again. And if you allow yourself the opportunity to be present throughout the entirety of the trek, you will witness beauty every step of the way, not just at the summit.” – Unknown
202. “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
203. “If happiness is the goal – and it should be, then adventures should be top priority.” – Richard Branson
204. “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.” – Edward Abbey
205. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
206. “A path is a prior interpretation of the best way to traverse a landscape.” – Rebecca Solnit
207. “The long-distance hiker, a breed set apart, from the likes of the usual pack. He’ll shoulder his gear, be hittin’ the trail; long gone, long ‘fore he’ll be back.” – M.J. Eberhart
208. “Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall, it’s great when you stop.” – Unknown
209. “The man who goes afoot prepared to camp anywhere and in any weather is the most independent fellow on earth.” – Horace Kephart
210. “Trekkers at high altitudes sometimes sense a person walking few paces behind them, just out of sight. Often this person is dead. I never feel this, but once or twice I imagine someone walking a little ahead of me.” – Colin Thubron
More Trekking Quotes
Whether you are looking for catchy trekking quotes or specific mountains trekking quotes, here’s the list for you. Inspirational, simple thoughts on trekking quotes, or adventure trekking quotes are below for your convenience.
211. “Distance changes utterly when you take the world on foot. A mile becomes a long way, two miles literally considerable, ten miles whopping, fifty miles at the very limits of conception, The world, you realize, is enormous in a way that only you and a small community of fellow hikers know. Planetary scale is your little secret.” – Bill Bryson
212. “Walk away quietly in any direction and taste the freedom of the mountaineer.” – John Muir
213. “Today, she is standing at the top of a mountain and appreciating the majestic panoramic view of mesmerizing Himalaya. As a kid, she used to look up the sky and wish for wings to fly up to the mountains. And now after a long wait of many years, she is standing here and living her dream.” – Ashish Bhardwaj
214. “There is always an adventure waiting in the woods.” – Katelyn S. Bolds
215. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
216. “Adventure isn’t hanging off a rope on the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life.” – John Amatt
217. A path is a prior interpretation of the best way to traverse a landscape.”– Rebecca Solnit
Instagram Captions for Hiking Couples
C’mon, hiking with your loved one can be one of the best things in the world. Lovey-dovey Instagram captions for hiking can be found here, as well as cute and frankly downright sweet Instagram hiking captions for your partner. Or, simple I love hiking quotes to express how much you love hiking!
218. Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.
219. You keep me safe, I’ll keep you wild.
220. Let’s travel together and get lost in beautiful places.
221. On a tree-mendous hike with you.
222. There’s no one I’d rather walk the trails with than you.
223. Together is my favourite place to be.
224. Instead of Netflix and chill, we watch sunsets on a hill.
225. Your partner is both home and adventure all at once.
226. Who stands beside you on the journey is more important than where the trail leads to.
227. Don’t ever leaf me.
228. Oh, darling, let’s be adventurers.
229. Sharing adventures means enjoying them 100% more.
230. Always hike with someone in worse shape than you. The bears out there will know.
231. Life’s better when you add fresh air, a warm campfire, bright stars, and s’mores, and you.
Hiking Quotes for Couples
What better way to express how you feel about hiking with your loved one then choosing one of these adorable hiking quotes for couples for your next post. Love hiking quotes? They can be sexy quotes or outdoors hiking quotes funny and silly style!
232. “In life, it’s not where you go, it’s who you travel with.” – Charles Schulz
233. “You are my greatest adventure.” – Mr. Incredible
234. “Camping is not a date; it’s an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home.” – Unknown
235. “Like the weightlessness of standing at the peak, a soulmate makes you feel free.” – Unknown
236. “What we find in a soulmate is not something wild to tame, but something wild to run with.” – Unknown
237. “The right someone will hack through the bushes and challenge the woods, but most importantly, they’ll enjoy every step with you.” – Unknown
238. “Bring me coffee, take me hiking, and tell me I’m sexy.” – Unknown
239. “Think of every date as one step up, they’re leading you to a beautiful peak.” – Unknown
240. “Why should a relationship mean settling down? Wait for someone who won’t let life escape you, who’ll challenge you and drive you towards your dreams. Someone spontaneous who you can get lost in the world with.” – Beau Taplin
241. “Ain’t no mountain high enough, ain’t no valley low enough, ain’t no river wide enough, to keep me from getting to you babe.” – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
242. “I’ve fallen in love with adventures, so I begin to wonder if that’s why I’ve fallen for you.” – Unknown
243. “Here’s to all the places we went. And here’s to all the places we’ll go. And here’s to me, whispering again and again and again and again; I love you.” – John Green
244. “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” – Lewis Carroll
245. “Take your potential someone into the forest. If they smile through the sweat and whistle with the wind, your adventures will never end.” – Unknown
246. “What we find in a soulmate is not something wild to tame, but something wild to run with.” – Unknown
247. “The perfect pair of hiking boots bring you safely through thrumming rivers and broken rocks; the perfect partner is walking right beside you.” – Unknown
248. “Think of every date as one step up — they’re leading you to a beautiful peak.” – Unknown
Mountain Captions for Instagram
Summiting a mountain is an amazing feeling. These mountain Instagram captions seek to express that epic feeling. Mountain captions Instagram will love are short and catchy, but can also be epic, expressive and spiritual. Try one of these on for size!
249. Mountains are my happy place.
250. Dear mountains, I think about you all the time.
251. Life should have more mountains and less stress.
252. When life gives you mountains, put on your boots and climb.
253. Climb mountains, not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.
254. All I need is a mountain breeze and tall trees.
255. If you think you’ve peaked, find a new mountain.
256. No mountain remains a mystery when you take steps to conquer it.
257. The only Zen you can find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring up there.
258. Faith moves mountains, but you have to keep pushing while you are praying.
259. The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain he is inspired by it.
260. When life gives you mountains, put on your boots and hike.
261. On a date with the mountains.
262. The mountains have been calling.
263. The sun shines brightest from the peaks of mountains.
264. Life should have more mountains and less stress.
Mountain Hiking Quotes
Even some of the most famous writers and figures have climbed a mountain in their lifetime. These quotes for trekking mountains are taken from them and will entice your audience to climb their next mountain!. Copy and paste any of these mountain hiking quotes for your next post.
265. “You need mountains. Long staircases don’t make good hikers.” – Amit Kalantri
266. “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Hermann Buhl
267. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you are climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
268. “It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
269. “The hardest mountain to climb is the one within.” – J. Lynn
270. “I like being near the top of a mountain. One can’t get lost here.” – Wislawa Szymborska
271. “The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain he is inspired by it.” – William Arthur Ward
272. “It’s not all about the views from the top of the mountain, there are so many beautiful things you pass on your journey to the top. Appreciate the beauty of the path.” – Unknown
273. “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” – Dr. Seuss
274. “Although I deeply love oceans, deserts, and other wild landscapes, it is only mountains that beckon me with that sort of painful magnetic pull to walk deeper and deeper into their beauty.” – Victoria Erickson
275. “There may be more to learn from climbing the same mountain a hundred times than by climbing a hundred different mountains.” – Richard R. Nelson
276. “When preparing to climb a mountain, pack a light heart.” – Dan May
277. “There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” – Alex Lowe
278. “The mountains whisper for me to wander; my soul hikes to the call.” – Angie Weiland Crosby
279. “Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous.” – Reinhold Messner
280. “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” – John Muir
281. “The hardest mountain to climb is the one within.” – J. Lynn
More Mountain Hiking Quotes
Famous mountain hiking quotes are in abundance because it’s such an exhilarating experience! These quotes on trekking mountains are soulful, memorable and perfect for your next post. Copy and paste at your convenience and save your precious time instead of humming and hawing over coming up with the perfect words.
282. “Every mountain has its soul… if the mountain does not accept you and you don’t submit to her will, she will destroy you.” – Bernadette McDonald
283. “You never climb the same mountain twice, not even in memory. Memory rebuilds the mountain, changes the weather, retells the jokes, remakes all the moves.” – Lito Flores
284. “I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain.” – Andrew Garfield
285. “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” – Harley King
286. “Walk away quietly in any direction and taste the freedom of the mountaineer.” — John Muir
287. “Chasing angels or fleeing demons, go to the mountains.” – Jeffrey Rasley
288. “Great things are done when men and mountains meet; This is not done by jostling in the street.” – William Blake
289. “Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world. Not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
290. “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” — Wilma Rudolph
291. “Your mountain may be harder to climb but oh the view, the view is divine.” – Jennae Cecilia
292. “No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied – it speaks in silence to the very core of your being.” — Ansel Adams
293. “The view up here is breathtaking, and I know its all downhill from up here – unknown.” – Unknown
294. “Life is short! Go to the mountains and never look back.” – Unknown
295. “You don’t have to move mountains. Simply fall in love with life. Be a tornado of happiness, gratitude and acceptance. You will change the world by being a warm, kind hearted human being.” – Anita Krizzan
Quotes About Hiking in Nature
Hiking in nature (any nature!) should be on everyone’s bucket list. Here is a list of quotes about mountain hiking, or simple nature walks quotes that can suit your next photo featuring you in nature. Check out this epic list of hiking mountain quotes and simple walking-in-nature quotes.
296. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
297. “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn.” – John Muir
298. “Nature, time, and patience are the three great physicians.” – Chinese Proverb
299. “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” – Vincent Van Gogh
300. “I slow down when hiking. The rhythm of nature is more leisurely. The sun comes up, it moves across the sky, and you begin to synchronize to that rhythm.” – John Mackey
301. “Keep close to Nature’s heart, yourself; and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” – John Muir
302. “Joy in looking and comprehending is nature’s most beautiful gift.” – Albert Einstein
303. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” – John Burroughs
304. “Not just beautiful, though—the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they’re watching me.” – Haruki Murakami
305. “In all things of nature, there is something of the marvellous.“ – Aristotle
306. “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
307. “The wild woman has a deep love of nature; a love for the ancient mother. Though possibly misunderstood, it has always been in her. When she goes into the wilderness, a part of her soul is going home.” – Shikoba
308. “I love not Man the less, but Nature more.” – Lord Byron
309. “Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
310. “May your search through nature lead you to yourself.” – Shikoba
311. “In every walk with nature one received far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
More Quotes about Hiking in Nature
Albert Einstein, Aristotle, William Shakespeare, you name it, all have something to say about hiking, walking or being in nature. Quotes about hiking in nature, or hiking mountain quotes can be really thoughtful and even soothing. They can also make you think! Check out this list of quotes about hiking in nature and quotes about forest and mountain hiking below.
312. “The silence of nature is very real. It surrounds you. You can feel it.” – Ted Trueblood
313. “In all things of nature there is something of the marvellous.” – Aristotle
314. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
315. “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” – William Shakespeare
316. “Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.” – Dr. Seuss
317. “It is in the still silence of nature that one will find true bliss.” – J.J.C.
318. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, “This is what it is to be happy.” – Sylvia Plath
319. “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” – Vincent Van Gogh
320. “Deep down, at the molecular heart of life, the trees and we are essentially identical.” – Carl Sagan
321. “Sometimes, nature is all you need.” — Shikoba
322. “There is nothing more beautiful than nature early in the morning.” – Vincent Van Gogh
323. “I love walking in the woods, along the trails, by the beaches. I love being part of nature. I love walking alone. It is therapy. One needs to be alone, to recharge one’s batteries.” – Grace Kelly
324. “In all things of nature there is something of the marvellous.” — Aristotle
325. “Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.” – John Muir
326. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” — John Burroughs
327. “Hiking is not escapism; it’s realism. The people who choose to spend time outdoors are not running away from anything; we are returning to where we belong.” — Jennifer Pharr Davis
328. “Life’s better when you add fresh air, a warm campfire, brights stars, and s’mores.” — Unknown
329. “The earth has music for those who listen.” – William Shakespeare
330. “Our minds, as well as our bodies, have need of the out-of-doors. Our spirits, too, need simple things, elemental things, the sun and the wind and the rain, moonlight, and starlight, sunrise and mist and mossy forest trails, the perfumes of dawn and the smell of fresh-turned earth and the ancient music of wind among the trees.” — Edwin Way Teale
Hiking Captions about Nature
Any good hiking captions are catchy, thought-provoking or even a bit funny! And this list of hiking photo captions tries to capture that essence. Whether it’s short and sweet trail captions, hiking with friends captions or hiking alone quotes, this list has you covered.
331. Mountains make me believe that nothing can be bigger than nature, not even human ego.
332. I know there’s nature all around, but I can’t keep my eyes off of you.
333. Nature is the greatest place to heal and recharge.
334. The closer you are to nature the further you are from idiots.
335. Nature is the greatest place to heal and recharge.
336. DEET is nature’s cologne.
337. Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.
338. I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.
339. I go to nature to be soothed and healed and to have my senses put in order.
340. I have a therapist. Her name is nature.
341. Nature baby.
Walking Captions for Instagram
There is nothing like the feeling of walking in nature. The fresh air, the smell of pine, the life all around you, it’s the best! These nature walking captions for Instagram attempt to express the feeling. Whether you are looking for morning hike quotes, or just the best hiking captions Instagram would love, it’s covered below.
342. “To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” – Marie Davis
343. “An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” – Henry David Thoreau
344. “A walk in nature walks the soul back home.” – Mary Davis
345. “Walking is a (wo)man’s best medicine.” – Hippocrates
346. “All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
347. “Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.” – Steven Wright
348. “I love walking in the woods, along the trails, by the beaches. I love being part of nature. I love walking alone. It is therapy. One needs to be alone, to recharge one’s batteries.” – Grace Kelly
349. “Oh, how can I put into words the joys of a walkover country such as this; the scenes that delight the eyes, the blessed peace of mind, the sheer exuberance which fills your soul as you tread the firm turf? This is something to be lived, not read about.” – Alfred Wainwright
350. “I walked slowly to enjoy this freedom, and when I came out of the mountains, I saw the sky over the prairie, and I thought that if heaven was real, I hoped it was a place I never had to go, for this earth was greater than any paradise.” – Daniel J. Rice
351. “Somewhere between the start of the trail and the end is the mystery why we choose to walk.” – Unknown
352. “We live in a fast-paced society. Walking slows us down.” – Robert Sweetgall
353. “If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.” – Raymond Inmon
354. “Walking: the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise.” – Carrie Latet
355. “After a day’s walk, everything has twice its usual value.” – G.M. Trevelyan
356. “Remember to turn everything off once a week – including your brain – and walk somewhere quiet.” – Unknown
357. “If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.” – Raymond Inmon
Insta Captions for Hiking with Dog
Okay, hiking with your furry friend can be memorable, so why not attach happy hiking quotes to go along with your epic hiking photo with your dog. This list of furry friends hiking quotes are cute and you can even find a couple hiking funny captions if you’d rather give your caption a little humour.
358. Don’t stop retrievin’.
359. Life’s not ruff when this one is around.
360. Love is a four-legged word.
361. The most dapper hiking buddy I ever did see.
362. Taking in the #views with this one.
363. Whenever I felt like giving up on this hike, this pup right here made me feel like I could do anything.
364. Crushing this hike with this little dude.
365. This hike is pretty pawfect.
366. Tis the season to be cheesin’ with your pup.
367. Always grateful to have this lil doggo by my side.
More Hiking Captions for Instagram
If you haven’t found the perfect caption for trekking or ideas and captions for hiking pictures, then here’s the final attempt! Short, sweet and catchy is where it’s at if you want to grab your audience’s attention. Copy and paste!
368. Life is better in hiking boots.
369. Some of the best memories are made in hiking shoes.
370. Happiness walks on busy feet.
371. Hike Your Own Hike.
372. We have nothing to lose and a world to see.
373. I just want to explore.
374. I prefer the scenic route.
375. I’m not lost. I’m exploring.
376. Go wild for a while.
377. You are never too old to play outside.
378. Take a hike and get lost.
379. One, two, three steps more to the top.
380. Only one who wanders finds a new path.
381. Out here, I feel alive.
382. Fresh air and muddy boots make everything better.
383. Hiking is my cardio.
384. Getting blisters with my sisters.
385. Bet you can’t beat me to the top!
386. Another day, another hike.
387. The journey is the reward.
388. All good things are wild and free.
More Hiking Quotes
Looking for more short hiking quotes or even funny hiking quotes? Here’s the list for you. The list below has humour, spirituality and adventure written all over them. Whether it’s quotes for trekking, mountaineering or simply walking in nature, you’ll find it here.
389. “Sometimes, nature is all you need.” – Shikoba
390. “The stars were better company anyway.” – David Eddings
391. “Carry as little as possible, but choose that little with care.” -Earl Schaffer
392. “Sometimes it’s so bad, it’s good.” – Unknown
393. “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
394. “Travellers, there is no path, paths are made by walking.” – Antonio Machado
395. “Just put one foot in front of the other.” – Austin Peck
396. “Travelling the road will tell you more about the road than Google will tell you about the road.” – Unknown
397. “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Unknown
398. “Hiking is the best workout. You can hike for three hours and not even realize you’re working out. And, hiking alone lets me have some time to myself.” — Jamie Luner
399. “I slow down when hiking. The rhythm of nature is more leisurely. The sun comes up, it moves across the sky, and you begin to synchronize to that rhythm.” — John Mackey
400. “Hiking fresh trails is the best feeling in the world.” – Haley Blackall
Final Thoughts on Hiking Captions + Funny Hiking Quotes for Instagram
Well, we’ve come to the end of this ultimate list of 400 hiking captions and funny hiking quotes for Instagram. I hope you were about to find a few good hiking captions for your next post. Whether you are looking for simple and catchy hiking photo captions, hiking with your dog, friends hiking quotes or trekking quotes with friends, they were covered here!
If you can think of any more epic hiking quotes or Instagram captions I didn’t cover, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.