This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my full disclosure for further information.
Who doesn’t love a waterfall? The roaring, rushing and magical water is hard to put into words, but these waterfall quotes have you covered! A plentitude of quotes about falls and waterfall captions (a whopping 300!) can be found in this list.
Whether you are looking for simple water falls quotes to entice your audience, funny waterfall captions for Instagram, classic chasing waterfalls quotes, poetic or peaceful waterfall quotes, waterfall love quotes for your special someone, or inspirational waterfall quote ideas, you will find them here.
Here’s to your next great water falls caption!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Best Sunset Quotes + Instagram Captions
Perfect Sunshine Quotes + Instagram Captions
Nature Quotes + Instagram Captions
Hiking Quotes + Captions for Instagram
Road Trip Quotes + Long Drive Captions for Instagram
Best Waterfall Captions for Instagram
If you’ve come here for a caption about waterfalls for your Instagram, start with this list! These short and snappy captions for waterfall pics will stop your audience in their tracks. Captions for waterfall photography can be fun and witty or moving and thought-provoking. Choose one of these for your next epic caption for waterfall pic!
- Be like a waterfall, wild and free.
2. “Tripping on skies, sipping on waterfalls.” – Unknown
3. Not every paradise is tropical.
4. Life is better with waterfalls.
5. Good to the last drop.
6. Ok Mother Nature, I see you flexing.
7. Just keep chasing waterfalls.
8. Nature never goes out of style.
9. Just go with the flow.
10. No time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.
11. “Livestreaming. Literally.” – Unknown
12. A waterfall is nature’s shower.
13. Wild, beautiful, and free.
14. Not complaining about this view.
15. The waterfall is nature’s laughter.
16. Just gushing with joy.
17. The waterfalls have me roaring with excitement.
18. Advice from a waterfall: Create your own music.
19. Water is the cure to everything.
20. Let this waterfall wash over me.
21. The water is calling and I must go.
22. Feel, flow, and free yourself.
23. Home is where the water is.
24. Water-falling in love with this place.
Best Waterfall Quotes for Instagram
Sometimes quotes on waterfalls from famous writers and figures can be really effective. Some of these waterfalls quotes are philosophical, and profound, while others are simple and straightforward. A quote about waterfalls should make your audience think!
25. “The idea is that flowing water never goes stale, so just keep on flowing.” – Bruce Lee
26. “There is nothing more magical than a waterfall.” – Unknown
27. “There is a hidden message in every waterfall. It says, if you are flexible, falling will not hurt you.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
28. “There’s no better place to find yourself than sitting by a waterfall and listening to its music.” – Roland R. Kemler
29. “I love the sounds and the power of pounding water, whether it is the waves or a waterfall.” – Mike May
30. “I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.” – Unknown
31. “When water falls, it flies.” – Anthony T. Hincks
32. “Grace is finding a waterfall when you were only looking for a stream.” – Vanessa Hunt
33. “Life is like a waterfall – always moving.” – Unknown
34. “Surrender to the flow.” – Mike Gordon
Want to take epic waterfall photos? Check out: Best Cameras for Bloggers 2021
35. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
36. “I am like a drop of water on a rock. After drip, drip, dripping in the same place I begin to leave a mark, and I leave my mark in many people’s hearts.” – Rigoberta Menchu
37. “I need waves. I need waterfalls. I want rushing currents.” – Tahareh Mafi
38. “Lessons from a waterfall – Keep moving, and you will eventually get over it.” – Unknown
39. “A waterfall happily and cheerfully flows in the nature, there is happiness only if there is freedom.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
40. “A river that forgets its source will surely dry up.” – Unknown
41. “A waterfall is concerned only with being itself, not with doing something it considers waterfall-like.” – Vernon Howard
42. “Great things are over every fall and around every bend.” – Unknown
43. “Happiness comes in rushes.” – Unknown
44. “The fall of dropping water wears away the stone.” – Lucretius
Short Quotes about Waterfalls
Short and sweet. Don’t have much time, or need something poignant and to the point? These quotes for waterfalls are quick and easy while being beautiful. If you need to quote waterfall images, give one of these a try!
45. “Just let go – and fall like a little waterfall.” – Bob Ross
46. “Run wild and free like a waterfall.” – Anamika Mishra
47. “The higher you climb, the better the view.” – Unknown
48. “Sometimes, all you need is a change of scenery.” – Unknown
49. “Grace be the waterfall in the wild of my mind.” – Unknown
50. “Be careful crossing the waterfall, it’s a fatal spot.” – Karl Meltzer
51. “Every teardrop is a waterfall.” – Coldplay
52. “Only living water satisfy the thirsty soul.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
53. “As long as I live, I’ll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sings.” – John Muir
54. “With meditation, I found a ledge above the waterfall of my thoughts.” – Mary Pipher
55. For it is on the paths less travelled that we find ourselves.
56. “Joy in all things, in what falls and what flourishes.” – Neruda
57. “Adopt the pace of nature.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
58. “Do not seek water, get thirst.” – Rumi
59. “Look for tomorrow behind every waterfall.” – Unknown
60. “The water tells none of its secrets.” – Nikos Engonopoulos
61. “Remember, the trick to not getting swept over the waterfall is swimming upstream.” – Unknown
62. “You can’t trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it.” – W.C. Fields
63. “For an instant, silence, noisier than a waterfall.” – Salman Rushdie
64. “As long as I live, I’ll hear waterfalls…” – John Muir
65. “The waterfall winks at every passerby.” – Marty Rubin
66. “Sometimes it’s hard to tell how fast the current’s moving until you’re headed over the waterfall.” – Kimberly McCreight
67. “Be water, my friend.” – Bruce Lee
68. “I keep my gratitude in my smile, a glistening waterfall in the sun.” – Sanober Khan
69. “There is no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Unknown
70. “Like is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
71. “Look for yourself in the waterfall – still for just a moment before moving on again.” – Unknown
72. “Look with open eyes, and you will see the beauty of the waterfall.” – Anthony Hincks
73. “Tell your dream to the waterfall.” – Sellale
Peaceful Waterfall Quotes + Waterfall Sayings
Calm, cool and collected. These simple quotes waterfalls inspire are easy on the eyes and mind and will encourage you or your audience to relax. The list also includes some great waterfall sound quotes to put you at ease.
74. Deamflum – The dreamy and calm-like state experienced while listening to a natural waterfall.
75. “Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress.” – Margaret Atwood
76. “Water your roots so your soul can blossom.” – Unknown
77. Let this waterfall wash over me.
78. “No matter how powerful a waterfall is, it cannot be heard from far away because all waterfalls are local. If you want the whole world to hear you, take a universal position where all can see you, just like the Moon, just like the Sun.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
79. “Waterfalls make us notice their height, not the depth.” – Unknown
80. “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.” – Unknown
81. “Good words cool more than cold water.” – John Ray
82. “Within a waterfall, the sound of a pine forest a thousand years old.” – Michael McClintock
83. “There was only water. The ocean, the cold and her.” – Natalia Cwiklinska
84. Just breathe.
85. “Like a waterfall, wash over me.” – Lil Wayne
86. “Like water, we are truest to our nature in repose.” – Cyril Connolly
87. “When I was walking in the mountains with the Japanese man and began to hear the water, he said, ‘What is the sound of the waterfall’..’ Silence,’ he finally told me.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
88. “Under the waterfall, take your time, I don’t mind if we stay in the rain. These liquid skies will show the way.” – The Anever
89. “We shall not cease from exploration And the end of all our exploring Will be to arrive where we started And know the place for the first time. Through the unknown, remembered gate when the last of earth left to discover is that which was the beginning; At the source of the longest river The voice of the hidden waterfall and the children in the apple-tree not know, because not looked for but heard, half-heard, in the stillness between two waves of the sea.” – T.S. Eliot
90. “There is a waterfall in every dream. Cool and crystal clear. It falls gently on the sleeper, cleansing the mind and soothing the soul.” – Virginia Alison
91. “When the moonlight and the waterfall come together, all other things fade from the scene!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
92. “Once we have tasted far streams, touched the gold, found some limit beyond the waterfall, a season changed, and we come back changed but safe, quiet, grateful.” – William Stafford
93. “When a stone is dropped into a pond, the water continues quivering even after the stone has sunk to the bottom.” – Arthur Golden
94. “I can see my rainbow calling me through the misty breeze of my waterfall.” – Jimi Hendrix
95. “To trace the history of a river or a raindrop is also to trace the history of the soul, the history of the mind descending and arising in the body. In both, we constantly seek and stumble upon divinity, which like feeding the lake, and the spring becoming a waterfall, feeds, spills, falls, and feeds itself all over again.” – Gretel Ehrlich
96. “A drop of water, if it could write out its own history, would explain the universe to us.” – Lucy Larcom
97. “Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water.” – Bruce Lee
Chasing Waterfalls Quotes + Waterfall Caption Ideas
Alright TLC, you’ve inspired some epic captions for waterfalls. Everyone can relate to one of these captions for Instagram waterfall style!
98. Be right back. Chasing waterfalls.
99. “Seriously don’t go chasing waterfalls. They don’t move. They are stationary. Just take the picture.” – Unknown
100. Sorry, TLC. I chased the waterfall.
101. “I wanted to spend my days chasing waterfalls but it turns out I’m more suited to looking at photos of them.” – Unknown
102. Chasing waterfalls. Be back never.
103. “Be a runner, chase the waterfall, reach your goal and achieve your dreams.” – Unknown
Poetic Quotes about Falls
Beautiful waterfall quotes are poetic and moving. You can count on any famous or even indie poet to describe the feeling of seeing or being in a waterfall. Take a look at these waterfall poems quotes for your next captions or piece of writing.
104. “We are all naturally seekers of wonders. We travel far to see the majesty of old ruins, the venerable forms of the hoary mountains, great waterfalls, and galleries of art. And yet the world’s wonder is all around us; the wonder of setting suns, and evening stars, of the magic spring-time, the blossoming of the trees, the strange transformations of the moth.” – Albert Pike
105. “Deep in this forest of loneliness, a stream of love still flows; sweet memories ripple in my dreams, bridging warmth into woe.” – Angie Weiland-Crosby
106. “All water has a perfect memory and is forever trying to get back to where it was.” – Tony Morrison
107. “Many a calm river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none hurtles and foams all the way to the sea.” – Mikhail Lermontov
108. “I feel like water that transforms from a flowing river to a tranquil lake to a powerful waterfall to a freshwater spring to a meandering creek to a salty sea to raindrops gentle on your face to hard, stinging hail to frost on a mountaintop, and back to a river again.” – Maria Virginia Farinango
109. “My desert soul erupts with turquoise water, floods and cascades and waterfalls rushing in around my rocky parts, pushing and reshaping and filling every hidden dark spot.” – Kiersten White
110. “My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.” – Mel Brooks
111. “Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” – Hermann Hesse
112. “And listen to the faucets, like the rush of a waterfall heard through thick woods just as the birds began to sing early one morning years ago in the hills outside Florence.” – Kevin Prufer
113. “Water has its moods, flowing or still; it can lure you like a lover, or look as bleak as a broken heart.” – Patricia A. McKillip
114. “Of all known liquids, water is probably the most studied and least understood.” – Felix Franks
115. “They both listened silently to the water, which to them was not just water, but the voice of life, the voice of Being, the voice of perpetual Becoming.” – Hermann Hesse
116. “The vast waterfall of history pours down, and a few obituarists fill teacups with the stories.” – Marilyn Johnson
117. “Water in the boat is the ruin of the boat, but water under the boat is its support.” – Jalaluddin Rumi
118. “The most stupendous scenery ceases to be sublime when it becomes distinct, or in other words limited, and the imagination is no longer encouraged to exaggerate it. The actual height and breadth of a mountain or a waterfall are always ridiculously small, they are imagined only that content us.” – Henry David Thoreau
119. “Always be like water. Float in the times of pain or dance like waves along the wind which touches its surface.” – Santosh Kalwar
120. “The sound of water is worth more than all the poets’ words.” – Octavio Paz
121. “After we are separated by birth from this oneness, as the water falling from the waterfall is separated by the wind and rocks, then we have feeling. You have difficulty because you have feeling. You attach to the feeling you have without knowing just how this kind of feeling is created.” – Shunryu Suzuki
122. “Do you seek adventure beyond the treacherous waterfalls? Do you seek the mythical being that dwells in this unreachable place? If you do, then you must first find me.” – Unknown
Powerful Water Falls Quotes
Powerful waterfall quotes can really compliment an epic waterfall photo. These waterfall picture captions will make your audience stop and think and will have them musing at your photo for minutes! Some are long, some are short, but all of them will make you feel something.
123. “The power of a waterfall is nothing but a lot of drips working together.” – Unknown
124. “It was more than just the gentle tumble of the waterfall, or the wind or the sound of birds. It was much, much more he knew. He looked about him and he knew he had found what he had been looking for.” – Michael Delaware
125. “Water is the most perfect traveller because when it travels it becomes the path itself!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
126. “The ordinary-sized stuff which is our lives, the things people write poetry about – clouds, daffodils, waterfalls, what happens in a cup of coffee when the cream goes in – these things are full of mystery, as mysterious to us as the heavens were to the Greeks.” – Tom Stoppard
127. “The river plunged down in a long waterfall, plashing into several rocky pools on its way down the cliff.” – Alison Croggon
128. “Do not feel sad for your tears, as rocks never regret the waterfalls.” – Munia Khan
129. “We would no longer pass sweet breezy days in our sleek tent, in mossy hills and sun, showering in waterfalls, That era was now our memory, a shared dream.” – Aspen Matis
130. “Mist to mist drops to drops. For water thou art, and unto water shalt though return.” – Kamand Kojouri
131. “Not a hundred feet away the river roared over a cliff’s-edge, and we weren’t really leaves, even if I’d been careful to forget that.” – Naomi Novik
132. “She dares me to pour myself out like a living waterfall. She dares me to enter the soul that is more than my own; she extinguishes fear in mere seconds. She lets light come through.” – Virginia Woolf
133. “Where water is the boss and the land must obey.” – Unknown
134. A strong person and a waterfall always carve their own path.
135. “A waterfall cannot be silent, just as the wisdom! When they speak, the voice of power speaks!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
136. “Another way to look at meditation is to view thinking itself as a waterfall, a cascading of thought. In cultivating mindfulness, we are going beyond or behind our thinking, much the way you might find a vantage point in a cave or depression in the rock behind a waterfall. We still see and hear the water, but we are out of the torrent.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
137. “You don’t have the power to make rainbows or waterfalls, sunsets or roses, but you do have the power to bless people with your words and smiles. You carry within you the power to make the world better.” – Sharon G. Larsen
138. “There are often many people dying from thirst while many people are running for dear life away from the rain.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
139. “She is water, powerful enough to drown you, soft enough to cleanse you, deep enough to save you.” – Adrian Michael
140. “Iron rusts from disuse; water loses its purity from stagnation… even so does the inaction sap the vigour of the mind.” – Leonardo da Vinci
141. “Water was calmness and tranquillity, but it was the rage of a storm as well.” – F.C. Yee
142. “Too much of water hast though, poor Ophelia, And therefore I forbid my tears.” – William Shakespeare
143. “I’ve lost control, I paddle, but you’re too strong. But I gotta trust your flow, cause boy, I’m in your waterfall.” – Pink, Sia, “Stargate”
144. “Young leaves, the sound of a waterfall, heard from far and near.” – Yosa Buson
145. “A river cuts through a rock, not because of its power but because of its persistence.” – Jim Watkins
146. “Something’s going down like a waterfall, some strong feeling’s some old love.” – C. Simon
147. “The point is that when I see a sunset or a waterfall or something, for a split second it’s so great, because for a little bit I’m out of my brain, and it’s got nothing to do with me.” – Chris Evans
148. “Just as a waterfall grows slower and more lightly suspended as it plunges down, so the great man of action tends to act with great calmness than his tempestuous desires prior to the deed would lead one to expect.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
149. “You do not drown simply by plunging into the water, you only drown if you stay beneath the surface.” – Paulo Coelho
150. “I am not here for calm waters anymore. I want to be known for my love for hurricanes.” – Nitya Prakash
Funny Waterfall Quotes + Waterfall Captions
Here are some funny waterfall captions to make your audience laugh. You can make your next waterfall quotes funny or waterfall captions funny by adding a good pun or two. Who doesn’t like a chance to LOL!
151. It’s all downhill from here.
152. Let’s make some pour decisions.
153. I would fall-ow you to the ends of the Earth.
154. “You don’t always get the waterfall shortcut in Mario Kart. That’s life.” – Jack Baraka
155. I have no current plans.
156. Water you up to today? I’m just chasing this waterfall.
157. Watery waiting for? Just jump in!
158. I just heard a joke about a waterfall. It was a pour joke.
159. “I really have to get my plumbing fixed.”
160. “Romance often begins by a splashing waterfall and ends over a leaky sink.” – Ellen DeGeneres
161. “When God takes a shower, waterfalls come to life around the world. When I take a shower, my hair usually clogs the drain.” – Anthony T. Hincks
162. This view is gorges!
163. “There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments.” – Chris Rock
164. I would caption this with a waterfall pun, but that’s too main-stream.
165. I’ve never mist a chance to see a waterfall.
166. “I’ve always had a duck personality. Calm above water, feet going crazy below.” – K. Flay
167. I fell in love with the waterfall pretty rapid-ly.
168. I’m over waterfalls. They’re too main-stream.
169. We wanted to see the waterfalls, but we mist it.
170. “Canoe + Waterfall = I don’t go camping anymore.” – Demetri Martin
171. “In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.” – Benjamin Franklin
172. “Don’t go to restaurants that have waterfalls if you have a kidney condition.” – Johnny Carson
173. Water you doing today?
174. “If you throw a pair of fins in the water, they’ll float. But if you throw on Fin in the water, Helsinki.” – Unknown
175. They said don’t go Jason waterfalls…
176. “My therapist set half a glass of water in front of me. He asked if I was an optimist or a pessimist. So, I drank the water and told him I was a problem solver.” – Unknown
177. Have you heard about the three holes in the ground? Well, well, well…
178. What’s the opposite of a waterfall? A firefly.
179. Some people say I’m an aqua-holic.
180. What did the sea say to the river? You can run, but you can’t tide.
181. What do you call a dried-up waterfall? Water fell.
182. “As the music played over the speakers and the waterfall in the pool filled the silence around us, I knew that, without a doubt, I had just been ruined.” – Abbi Glines
183. “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him participate in synchronized diving.” – Cuthbert Soup
Waterfall Love Quotes + Captions
There are so many love quotes water falls inspire, but these love waterfall quotes are the creme-de-la-creme. Talk about a romantic gesture to your special someone, or even to your audience! Or use one of these to best describe a couple sitting in front of a waterfall.
184. Live in the water, love by the moon.
185. “When you are outpouring your emotions, it is like me trying to climb up a waterfall. To get to you. But if you are calm and have faith in me, I can sail right over to you. On the still waters of your soul.” – Kate McGahan
186. “You love is like a waterfall, running wild and free.” – Chris Tomlin
187. “I love you like a river that understands that it must learn to flow differently over waterfalls and to rest in the shallows.” – Paulo Coelho
188. “I shift an infinitesimal movement towards him. It is like the leap from a waterfall. I do not know, until then, what I am going to do.” – Madeline Miller
189. Kiss me under a waterfall.
190. “My love for you is like a waterfall, I hit many rocks and crooked paths along the way but at the end, I always end up falling for you again.” – Joshua Pardo
191. “Have you ever stood where a stream spills into a river? The two become one. They laugh over the stones together, twist through the sharp canyons together, plunge down the waterfalls together. It is the same when a man and a woman love one another. It is not always a pleasant thing, but when it happens, a man has little to say about it. Women, like streams, can be smooth one minute and make a man feel like he’s swimming through white water the next.” – Unknown
192. “The fall of your hair is rushing through my head like elegant waterfalls repeatedly dancing down into an open riverbed.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
193. Love is like a waterfall, pours out of you forever.
194. “Your love is like a waterfall, raining down on me.” – Chris Tomlin
195. “I used to believe that love was finding someone who would lead you through the deep water.” – Anne Hathaway
196. “Without the wetness of your love, the fragrance of your water, or the trickling sounds of your voice – I shall always feel thirsty.” – Suzy Kassem
197. “All anyone can hope is just a bit of love, like a drop in a cup if you can get it, or a waterfall, a flood, if you can get that too.” – Edwidge Danticat
198. “Love like water, searching for the sea. Love like Time, searching for meaning. Love like all that was, and ever will be.” – Gregory David Roberts
199. I keep on falling in and out of love with you.
200. “I water my plants until they drown and this is the only way I know how to love.” – Nitya Prakash
201. “Your freckles spill in a waterfall, over your shoulders, splashed on your cheeks, just like my kisses, my lip trace your like water…” – Chrissie Pinney
202. “Like a house that has a home and a river that flows, so does love become when you open your heart, even when the lights go out or the flow encounters rocks.” – Goitsemang Mvula
203. “Do not turn me into restless water if you cannot promise to be my stream.” – Sanober Khan
204. Where you lead, I will follow.
205. “…you know that soft is stronger than hard, water stronger than rocks, love stronger than force.” – Hermann Hesse
206. “I think love is the greatest force in the universe. It’s shapeless like water. It only takes the shape of things it becomes.” – Guillermo del Toro
207. I’m falling for you.
Nature Waterfall Quotes + Falls Caption Ideas
Waterfalls always sit deep within nature, and no better way to explain the feeling of being in nature than to use one of these nature waterfall captions for Instagram. Waterfall nature quotes can be beautiful, poetic and powerful.
208. Waterfalls are nature’s waterslides.
209. “I finally believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.” – Anne Frank
210. “Emerald slopes became so tall they touched the clouds, and showers painted diamond waterfalls that sluiced down cliff sides.” – Victoria Kahler
211. “We made our way to the very edge of the cliff and looked down. We could hear the water dashing, splashing, and roaring as if angry at the small space through which it was forced to pass.” – Sallie Hester
212. “Above them, a waterfall tumbled from a clifftop as high as a church steeple. The water fell in milky blue strands, shooting spray in the air that danced in rainbows of gold, pink, and blue.” – Martine Bailey
213. “Someone caught the nature bug. And that someone would be me.” – Unknown
214. “A waterfall is a miracle of nature.” – Unknown
215. “There’s nobody living who couldn’t stand all afternoon in front of a waterfall. Anyone who can sit on a stone in a field awhile can see my painting. Nature is like parting a curtain, you go into it as you would cross an empty beach to look at the ocean.” – Agnes Martin
216. “Nature never goes out of style.” – Unknown
217. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
218. “Keep close to nature’s heart.” – Unknown
219. Hello, nature, I’ve really mist you.
220. Keep close to nature’s heart.
221. Dreams are made of trails and waterfalls.
222. “The antidote to exhaustion isn’t rest. It’s nature.” – Shikoba
223. “Water is the driver of nature.” – Leonardo Di Vinci
224. Hike more, worry less.
225. “Water belongs to us all. Nature did not make the sun one person’s property, nor air, nor water, cool and clear.” – Michael Simpson
226. “Mother Nature is the greatest artist and water is one of her favourite brushes.” – Rico Besserdich
227. There is no wi-fi in the forest, but we promise you will find a better connection.
228. “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
229. I’ve got nature vibes.
Inspirational Waterfall Quotes
What better way to brighten someone’s day than to top off your next waterfall picture with an inspirational waterfall quote. Put a smile on someone’s face with these beautiful and cheerful waterfall inspirational quotes. They may even put a smile on your face!
230. Always take the scenic route.
231. “Waterfalls are exciting because they have power, they have rainbows, they have songs, and they have boldness and craziness.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
232. “It is life, I think, to watch the water. A man can learn so many things.” – Nicholas Sparks
233. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
234. “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
235. “While people are struggling unhappily in the cities against the cruel authorities, a waterfall happily and cheerfully flows in the nature; there is happiness only if there is freedom.” – Unknown
236. Go where you feel most alive.
237. “Be soft in your practice. Think of the method as a fine silvery stream, not a raging waterfall.” – Sheng-yen
238. Not all falls are failures. Some are a way back home.
239. “There is hope at the bottom of the biggest waterfall.” – Patrick Ness
240. We start in different places, but we all meet in the ocean.
241. “Be like water, flow like a river, crash like the rain, fly like the cloud again!” – Md. Ziaul Haque
242. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.” – Douglas Adams
243. “Drink the waters meant to drown you.” – Nelou Keramati
244. “Don’t be a fish; be a frog. Swim in the water and jump when you hit ground.” – Kim Young-ha
245. She’ll carry on through it all. She’s a waterfall.
246. “Here’s the truth: Your situation is never permanent. It’s what you make it. Life is not sold, it’s fluid. It changes.” – Unknown
247. “Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that, my child. Remember you are half water. If you can’t go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.” – Margaret Atwood
248. “I am like the water that runs over me, immune to permanence, recycling endlessly. I am water; I am life. The form may change, but the substance stays the same. Strike me down and I will rise again.” – Rick Yancey
249. “Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it.” – Lao Tzu
Waterfall Quotes about Life
There is definitely a connection between the feeling of a waterfall and life itself. Quotes about waterfalls and life are spiritual, inspirational and informative. These waterfall picture captions do a great job of describing the nature of our lives.
250. “Go with the flow. Force nothing. Let it happen – trusting that whichever way it goes. It’s for the best.” – Mandy Hale
251. “When life places stones in your path, be the water. A persistent drop of water will wear away even the hardest stone.” – Autumn Morning Star
252. “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.” – Norman McLean
253. “Life is like a waterfall. It is always moving and there is always an uneven flow to it.” – Unknown
254. “Once we have tasted far streams, touched the gold, found some limit beyond the waterfall, a season changes, and we come back changed but safe, quiet, grateful.” – William Stafford
255. “When you’re young, there’s so much that you can’t take in. It’s pouring over you like a waterfall. When you’re older, it’s less intense, but you’re able to reach out and drink it. I love being older.” – Sigourney Weaver
256. Life is better with waterfalls.
257. Our lives flow like water in a waterfall.
258. Like a waterfall, life doesn’t flow backwards.
259. “We say that life is sweet, its satisfactions deep. All this we say, as we sleepwalk our time through years of days and nights. We let time cascade over us like a waterfall, believing it to be never-ending. Yet each day that touches us, and every man in the world is unique, irredeemable; over. And just another Monday.” – Josephine Hart
260. “They say that people who live next to waterfalls don’t hear the water.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
261. “Human nature is like water. It takes the shape of its container.” – Wallace Stevens
262. “By the time we arrived, as evening was approaching, I felt as sore as a rock must feel when the waterfall has pounded on it all day long.” – Arthur Golden
263. “And down the waterfall, whenever it may take me, I know that life won’t break me.” – Unknown
264. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” – Unknown
265. “Life is naked. A nude body is the truest and nobles symbol of life. If I draw a mountain as a heap of human forms and paint a waterfall in the shape of tumbling human bodies, it is because I see in the mountain a heap of living things, and in the waterfall a precipitate current of life.” – Kahlil Gibran
266. “Life is like a waterfall – in the end, we’re all one.” – Unknown
267. “Experiencing the present purely is being empty and hollow; you catch grace as a man fills his cup under a waterfall.” – Annie Dillard
268. “And down the waterfall where ever it may take me, I know that life won’t break me when I come to call.” – Robbie Williams, “Angels”
269. “Water was something he loved, something he respected. He understood its beauty and its dangers. He talked about swimming as if it were a way of life.” – Benjamin Alire Saenz
Positive Waterfall Quotes for Instagram
Sometimes the world can experience some pretty dark stuff, and we could all just use some positivity. Uplifting, impactful and positive waterfall quotes to the rescue! Make your next waterfall IG captions come to life with these happy and inspirational sayings.
270. Sometimes falling makes you beautiful.
271. It’s all water, over the falls.
272. “If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.” – Loren Eiseley
273. “And when you hear the sound of the waterfall coming nearer and nearer, tidy up the boat, put on your best tie and hat, and smoke a cigar right up until the moment you go over. That’s a triumph.” – Ray Bradbury
274. “Oh baby baby it’s a wild world.” – Cat Stevens, “Wild World”
275. “Waterfalls wouldn’t sound so melodious if there were no rocks in their way.” – Rishabh Gautam
276. “We start in different places, but in the end, we all meet at the waterfall.” – Unknown
277. “You are water, I’m water. We’re all water in different containers. That’s why it’s so easy to meet, someday we’ll evaporate together.” – Yoko Ono
278. “Valuable lessons can be learned from every waterfall.” – Unknown
279. “Let’s swim to the moon, let’s climb through the tide. Surrender to the waiting worlds, that lap against our side.” – Jim Morrison
280. “There’s music in water. Brooks babbling, fountains splashing. Weirs, waterfalls, tumbling, gushing.” – Julie Andrews
281. “Falling down is a way of life, getting back up is living.” – Unknown
More Waterfall Quote Ideas + Waterfall Captions
If you hadn’t read enough Instagram captions for waterfalls, here’s some more! Short and sweet captions or waterfall quotes Instagram can’t resist, ready for the taking. Copy and paste your favourite for your next epic waterfall photo. It’s all yours!
282. Always on the move.
283. Falling in love with this place.
284. When it rains, it pours.
285. Streaming now on Netflix…
286. You can catch me by the waterfall.
287. Wild like me.
288. Advice from a waterfall: Make a splash!
289. Sitting here pondering the meaning of life.
290. “The mind is like an iceberg, it floats with one-seventh of its bulk above water.” – Sigmund Freud
291. “Water.” – Ulysses S. Grant
292. “No one ever steps into the same river twice.” – Heraclitus
293. “Take a fish out of water it dies.” – Anthony T. Hincks
294. “Beauty soaks reality as water fills a rag.” – Chet Raymo
295. You are mist!
296. “You cannot hear the waterfall if you stand next to it. I paint my jungles in the desert.” – Unknown
297. “All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
298. “Without water, life would just be rock.” – Anthony T. Hincks
299. “I’m not a very good swimmer, and every time I’m in the water, I’m constantly reminded of that because I feel like I’m going to drown.” – Tom Holland
300. “Water is sufficient…the spirit moves over water.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Final Thoughts on Waterfall Quotes + Waterfall Captions
So, that’s 300 quotes waterfall inspire! I hope you can use one of these for your next best caption for waterfall photography. I usually find that waterfall quotes Instagram loves are either funny, poetic or inspirational.
Here’s to your next waterfall adventure!